Here are two very different pasta dishes I recently cooked up.
This first one began as a saute of fresh organic zucchini, fennel and garlic. The pesto was made with a whole bunch of basil leaves, sun-dried tomatoes, cashews, lemon juice, olive oil and dehydrated garlic bits (I like their garlicky crunch). The whole shebang was mixed with brown rice pasta.
This next pasta plate involved spelt pasta noodles and a saute of asparagus, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, fennel (can you sense a theme?), grilled seitan and a lovely organic heirloom tomato. Seasoned to taste with lemon juice, rice vinegar, black pepper and oregano.Related Posts:
- Home and homegrown tomatoes
- Curried tofu scramble with artichoke hearts
- Polenta, asparagus and grilled seitan
- Chickpea and fennel “almost raw” salad
- Fine veggie dining at Fatty’s & Co.