Vegan Cholent, a Jewish style stew, another treat from the Veganomicon cookbook.
It’s made with potatoes (I subbed half of them with sweet potatoes), french lentils, carrots, TVP, kidney beans, green peas and flavored with caraway and tarragon. Doesn’t look all that pretty in the picture but it’s a fragrant, delicious and hearty favorite of mine.Related Posts:
- Oi Vey! Vegan Cholent from Veganomicon
- Skillet Cornbread from The Veganomicon
- Vegan Tamarind Lentils recipe from Veganomicon.
- Vegan potato samosa quesadilla
- Copper Chimney: New vegan Indian food in the Valley.